Huff & Huff, Inc. has extensive experience in wetland characterization. We have numerous areas of expertise:
- Wetland Delineation
- 404 Permitting/Floodplain Permitting
- Wetland Analysis
- Threatened and Endangered Species Impact Analysis
- Floristic Quality Index Evaluation
- Mitigation Measures
- Salt Spray Impacts
- Environmental Impact Statement—Wetland Component
- Tree Surveys
- Management of Invasive Species
- Mitigation Monitoring
- Constructed Wetlands for Excess WWTP Flow Storage
- Constructed Wetlands for POTW Effluent Polishing
We have completed wetland analysis in technical reports for over 150 road projects of varying magnitude and complexity. We have conducted numerous wetland delineation and 404 permitting projects. Using the Army Corps of Engineers field manual, we analyze vegetation, soil, and hydrology criteria to determine the presence or absence of jurisdictional wetlands. We have completed applications for nationwide 404 permits for projects involving development, stream crossings, directional boring, and direct cut techniques, as well as individual permits.
Huff & Huff, Inc. routinely identifies areas of potential jurisdictional wetlands for clients purchasing commercial properties. Using soil survey information and aerial photographs, in combination with a site visit, potential wetland areas are described.